Services for Adults
Advice, information and treatment of alcohol and drug problems. Referral to appropriate agencies can also be made. Contact your local surgery.
Community Psychiatric Nurses Substance Misuse
The CPN service provides full assessment and treatment plans to individuals with a drug or alcohol problem. Interventions offered include: home detoxification, substitute prescribing, motivational interviewing, relapse management and joint/ family counselling.
- Caithness - (01955) 606915
- North West & East Sutherland - (01641) 521876 / 01408 634291
- East Highland - 01349 853636 / 01463 871901
- West Ross - (01854) 633263
- Skye & Lochalsh - (01478) 613772 / 01599 530933
- Inverness - (01463) 706972
- Nairn & Ardersier - (01667) 422786
- Badenoch & Strathspey - (01479) 813400
- Lochaber - (01397) 709830
- Dual Diagnosis Workers:-
- Inverness - (01463) 706958
- East Highland - (01349) 853636
- Nairn & Ardersier - (01667) 453049
ALCOHOL COUNSELLING SERVICES
There are four Councils on Alcohol in Highland offering a range of services. Contact individual Councils for details.
- Lochaber Council on Alcohol - (01397) 702340
- Alcohol Counselling Services Ross & Sutherland - (01862) 894097
- Skye & Lochalsh Council on Alcohol - (01478) 612633
- Addictions Counselling Inverness - (01463) 220995
- Addictions Counselling Inverness (formerly Alcohol Counselling Inverness) is a voluntary organisation which supports individuals who may be experiencing problems with addiction. Inverness IV3 5DThttp://www.addictionscounsellinginverness.org/
Substance Misuse In-Patient Service - Ruthven Ward, New Craigs (01463) 704670
In-patient service provides assessment, alcohol and drug detoxification, and liaison with other agencies.
BEECHWOOD HOUSE (01463) 711335
Beechwood House is a substance misuse service providing residential rehabilitation, Community Outreach, support and social care to men and women with alcohol and drug issues.
OSPREY HOUSE (01463) 716888
Substance misuse service available to individulas within the Highland area.
Prison Addiction Service (01463) 229029
The Porterfield team offers a range of services to the prison residents. These include: detoxification, maintenance, one-to-one support, group work, transitional care, through care support and family groups.
HIGHLAND COUNCIL CRIMINAL JUSTICE SERVICE DRUG TREATMENT & TESTING ORDERS (Tel: 01463 716324 / 724554)
Statutory and non statutory criminal justice team
- Drug Treatment and testing orders
- Throughcare addiction service (post sentence, voluntary)
- Throughcare addiction service (in sentence, voluntary)
- Alcohol project (recurring imprisonment)
- Structured deferred sentences
- Diversion from prosecution
- Community integration unit
CROSSREACH (01463) 718616
Crossreach offers supported accommodation to single vulnerable homeless people, with the aim of helping people to be able to live independently.
APEX HIGHLAND ASCEND
A programme run by Apex Highland aimed at assisting individulas who are in treatment or post treatment.
For information on meetings in your area call the Northern Service Office - Tel 0141 226 2214 or email email@example.com
For information on meetings in Caithness and Sutherland click here
For information on meetings in your area click here
AL-ANON FAMILY GROUPS
You are welcome to attend if you have been or still are affected by someone else's drinking. If you wish to speak to someone prior to attending a meeting please call 020 7403 0888 for details.
NA is a non profit fellowship of men and women for whom drugs has become a major problem. We are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help eachother stay clean (Age 16+)
Meetings are held in Inverness
For relatives and friends concerned about the use of drugs and related behaviour problems. Self help group meets in Inverness 7.30 - 9.00. contact 0845 1200 660 (lo-call) for details.
The Lochaber & Easter Ross Support Services aims to make a significant difference to the lives of individuals by promoting independence and recovery and minimising exclusion for individuals with mental ill health and dual diagnosis.
Tel: 01397 704723 Easter Ross - Tel: 01349 853153
HOMELESS HEALTH CARE TEAM, ROYAL NORTHERN INFIRMARY, INVERNESS
Tel 01463 706986 or 01463 706934
NEW START HIGHLAND
Housing Support - New Start Highland provides short term housing support to help with setting up and maintaining a tenancy. Use the link below to find further information on what support is available and how to contact New Start.
SMART RECOVERY UK
SMART Recovery is a peer led, non-profit, international organisation which provides free self help groups and related services for individuals wishing to learn more about substance or activity addiction.
LOCHABER COUNCIL ON ALCOHOL (LCA)
Providing free confidential drugs and alcohol counselling. Tel: 01397 702340
or visit www.lcacaol.co.uk
Need 2 Talk
Provide mutual aid support to people who are adversely affected by another person's drug or alcohol misuse. We offer telephone, text or email support. We will meet people at a mutually agreed venue for coffee and a chat.
Tel No: 07851 454 660
SCOTTISH FAMILIES AFFECTED BY DRUGS (SFAD)
SFAD exists to support families across Scotland affected by others' drug misuse and to raise awareness of the issues affecting them by providing information and support to families affected by drugs, family support groups and those working with them. Call the free and confidential helpline on 08080 10 10 11 or confidential email, firstname.lastname@example.org
SCOTTISH RECOVERY CONSORTIUM (SRC)
Tel: 0141 - 226- 1662 www.scottishrecoveryconsortium.org
Is your life like a rollercoaster as a result of a loved one's alcohol or drug use. Come along for a chat over tea and biscuits - confidential supportive monthly meetings. Tel: 07920776024 for further information.