ROSS AND CROMARTY DRUG AND ALCOHOL FORUM
Who are we?
Ross & Cromarty Drug & Alcohol Forum was established following the publication of the Ministerial Task Force in 1997. Prior to that the East Ross Drug Response Group, consisting of Head Teachers from local secondary schools, social work, police and health services had considered local issues arising from drug use in East Ross. The Forum's remit covers all of Ross & Cromarty and its membership comprises of the statutory agencies and voluntary sector and community groups. The Forum meets quarterly each year and new members are always welcome.
Financial Assistance (Small-Bids Scheme)
The Forum also provide small sums (up to £250) to assist agencies and individuals in undertaking small-scale projects that will directly or indirectly help in reducing alcohol and drug misuse within the locality. Please contact the Forum for further information and an application form.
What do we do?
The Forum's aims are:
- Reducing misuse - to reduce the number of individuals affected by the misuse of drugs and alcohol
- Reducing the impact - to enable access to information and support services appropriate to the needs of individuals and families
- Local support - to encourage the involvement of communities so that they can influence change
- The Forum has a range of activities to raise awareness in the R & C area. This includes participation at School Parents' Nights.
Achievements in 2016:
- Provided festival packs for young people around remaining safe which included harm reduction information.
- Supported Family peer group.
- Provided funding for transportation for mutual aid groups.
- Small bid to support Men's Shed initiative.
- Arranged local and relevant training and awareness sessions.
Next Forum Meeting: 19th September 2017 at 2 p.m. at the County Community Hospital, Invergordon.
Chair: JOAN SMITH
Useful local contacts
- Community Mental Health Team
Tel: 01349 853636
- Alcohol Counselling Ross/ Sutherland St Duthus House, St Duthus St. Tain IV19 1AL Tel: 01862 894097 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org