NAIRN DRUG AND ALCOHOL FORUM
Who are we?
Nairn Area Drug & Alcohol Forum has representation from a variety of agencies, including health, police, education, social work, voluntary sector and community members.
What do we do?
The Forum provides an important network for those dealing with substance misuse issues in the Nairn area. It participates in a range of awareness-raising work such as education events run in conjunction with Nairn High School. It is also planning activities to make local people more aware of drug & alcohol services available in the Nairn area.
Financial Assistance (Small-Bids Scheme)
The Forum provides small sums (up to £250) to assist agencies and individuals in undertaking small-scale projects that will directly or indirectly help in reducing alcohol and drug misuse within the locality. Please contact the Forum for further information and an application form.
Achievements in 2016:
- Supported High Life Highland through Youth cafe evening diversionary and inspirational activities.
- Provided young people with access to information as part of the Health Week at Primary School and Nairn Academy.
- Supported Nairn Academy to participate in Rock Challenge 2016 a diversionary activity.
- Nairn Academy self esteem peer education project supported which helps towards qualifications - saltire awards and HLH Leadership Programme.
- Positive Corners Project in Partnership with HYAH Creative in Your Community - mural project.
- Supported pilot of Outdoor Activity project - Youth Services HLH.
How do you contact us?
Chair: James Lee E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01667 422786
Other useful local contacts:
- Nairn Carers Support Group
Tel: 01667 451281
- Youth Action Service
Tel: 01479 812975
- Citizen's Advice Bureau
Tel: 01667 456677
- Nairn Town & County Hospital
Tel: 01667 452101
- Community Mental Health Team
Tel: 01667 422786
- Alcohol Counselling Inverness (covering the Nairn area)
Tel 01463 220995