Dealing with Trauma and Difficult Emotions: Working Towards Recovery
- , Start Time: 09:30, End Time: 16:30
The Scottish Alcohol and Drug Strategy, Rights Respect and Recovery (2018), emphasises the importance of trauma-informed, person-centred recovery services. An understanding of the fundamentals and strategies for assessment of trauma-related reactions is essential for services working with people who are using substances. Supporting people in developing skills to manage intense emotional reactions is a key part of person-centred recovery and this course introduces strategies for emotional regulation and manging disclosure.
- Explore the range of experiences which may be involved with trauma reactions and the factors to consider.
- Understand the role of emotions in trauma reactions.
- Explore strategies for helping people identify emotions and their intensity.
- Practice strategies to help people learn how to better manage intense feelings.
- Explore strategies for increasing the effectiveness of recovery-orientated treatment within a Scottish context, including motivational enhancement for lifestyle change.
For more information Click Here
To Book a place Click Here